Conferences and Teaching Sessions at the Home of Jean Monnet
Since 1992, when the European Parliament entrusted the Jean Monnet Association with the management of the Home of Jean Monnet, the Association team present in Houjarray has been welcoming groups from all around Europe. In the course of a year, more than 250 conferences take place where the Schuman Declaration was signed.
This place is filled with the founding history of the European Community and its values: peace, solidarity, and tolerance. Fifteen years of experience allowed us to develop a genuine pedagogy on European issues while favoring objective and simple explanations of modern-day Europe.
The favored demographic of the Association is young Europeans, however, the mass public is equally well-suited for the Home of Jean Monnet.
The Jean Monnet Association, with a multimedia conference room suited to fit up to 80 people, in a historic, calm, and friendly environment, offers many educational units adapted for the diverse public.
For Students (Primary and Secondary School)
“The Lesson on Europe”
The major steps and current events of the European construction
- Retrace 50 years of European construction in a lively and practical manner
- Tackle the practical aspects of Europe today and, depending on the choice of the instructors, develop a theme for European current events at the Home of Jean Monnet (expansion of the European Union, citizenship, institutions, Europe in the world…)
Debate conference for the general public (association and other groups)
“History and current events of the European construction”
- Major historical steps and founding principles of the European construction
- The major issues of Europe in the 21st century: general presentation then development of a them of your choosing: European citizenship, expansion of the European Union to central and western Europe, Europe and the world…
Unit 1: The workings of the European Union
- European institutions
- Decision-making systems
- Community rights
Unit 2: The single European market
- History: the CECA and the UEM (Economic and Monetary Union)
- The free-circulation of goods
- The free-circulation of capital
- The free-circulation of people and services
Higher education and universities, units “à la carte”: European law of competition, lobbying…