Address: The Jean Monnet House,
7 Chemin du Vieux Pressoir, Houjarray, 78490 Bazoches-sur-Guyonne, France
|Decimal Degrees (WGS84)
||Degrees, Minutes & Seconds
N48 46 13
N 48 46.230
E1 51 08
E 1 51.145
How to get there:
45 minutes from Paris
Take Motorway (Autoroute) A 13 (Rouen), then A 12 (Dreux), then N 12 (Dreux, Jouars Pontchartrain).
Itinerary signposted shortly before Pontchartrain (Maison Jean Monnet)
1. From Paris (Porte d'Auteuil), take Autoroute A 13 (direction Rouen)
2. At the intersection (Rocquencourt triangle), take A 12 (direction Dreux)
3. Go downhill to a four-lane road. Go through a tunnel. After the tunnel, keep right and turn in the direction of Dreux (N12).
4. Continue straight ahead for about 10-15 minutes, then leave the N12 and use the exit " Jouars-Pontchartrain".
5. On the first roundabout, follow the direction "Jouars-Pontchartrain", pass the bridge over the N12, and on the second roundabout, keep the direction "Jouars-Pontchartrain" (D921). After an incline, keep left at che entrance to Pontchartrain. The Maison Jean Monnet is indicated by a sign wich is difficult to see because it is hidden behind a small rise. Also indicated in the same direction, a sign will mention Bazoches sur Guyonne, Montfort l'Amaury, le Tremblay sur Mauldre.
6. Go downhill in the direction of a château and a roundabout (traffic circle). At the roundabout, in front of the château, turn left (sign Maison de Jean Monnet).
7. Continue straight ahead for 100 metres (1/6 mile), direction Maison Jean Monnet
8. Continue straight ahead for about ten minutes to Bazoches-sur-Guyonne. Go through the town. At the exit, take first turn to left (signposted), then follow the signs to the Maison de Jean Monnet in about 500 metres (3/10 mile).
In case of difficulty, telephone 01–34-86-12-43.
Entrance is free for individuals and students; a fee is charged for non-student groups.
For individuals, the House is open throughout the year (except 25th December and 1st January), from 10 AM to 5 PM, Monday through Friday
- Saturday from 1-6 PM
- Sunday from 10 AM to 6 PM
For groups, reservations at the Jean Monnet Association:
Tel.: +33 (0)1 56 33 71 00
Fax: +33 (0)9 75 75 87 37
Available at the House:
- Historic documents
- Sound commentary in the languages of the European Union
- Exhibit and guided tour
- Film projections
- Documentation on the European Union
Lectures for groups on Jean Monnet and European construction (previous reservation required)